Activate Nexus Card – Suppose your application to join in NEXUS is successful. In that case, you will be issued a membership identification card that may be used to cross the border into Canada or the United States at any of the NEXUS-designated airports, land crossings, or marine terminals.
Activate Nexus Card – How Do I Activate My NEXUS Card?
If your NEXUS card is damaged, lost, or stolen, you will be required to pay a replacement price of $25 (USD), which is non-refundable.
Putting Your NEXUS Card Into Action
Simply logging into your GOES account will allow you to activate your card. After you have logged in, go to the homepage and look for the Program Membership(s) area. Once you are there, click the “Activate Membership Card” button.
- The Utilization of Your NEXUS Card
- Land Borders
- Getting into Canada
Please use the NEXUS lane that has been assigned. Please come to a halt and place your membership card in close proximity to the reader located on the wall.
Move forward to the inspection booth so that it may conduct a visual examination. You will be told by the border officer whether you are to enter the inspection area or if you are to continue into Canada.
Coming into the United States of America
Please use the NEXUS lane that has been assigned. Please come to a halt and place your membership card face-up in front of the reader.
Move forward to the inspection booth so that it may conduct a visual examination. You are free to continue entering the United States unless an official directs you to stop at a checkpoint for inspection.
Airports Entering Canada
When entering Canada through the air, NEXUS members may use the self-service kiosks to enter the country regardless of where they are coming from. For instance, a NEXUS member traveling back to Canada from another country and landing in Montréal is eligible to utilize the self-service kiosk located at Montréal.
When Utilizing the NEXUS Kiosk, be Sure you Follow These Instructions
- It is imperative that you have your NEXUS card at the ready.
- Before entering your NEXUS card into the document reader, you will be prompted to choose your preferred language.
- Please place your NEXUS card into the document reader when requested to do so.
- Make sure the image side of the card is facing up and that it is completely placed into the reader;
- Keep the card inserted into the reader until specifically directed otherwise;
- You will be given voice instructions that will advise you to check yourself out in the mirror;
- You will adjust the mirrors using the arrows that are displayed on them in order to guarantee that you can see both of your eyes;
- Observe the color of the circle that is located between your eyes in the mirror while rotating your head slightly forward or backward until you notice it change from orange to green; and
- You need to respond to the questions that are shown on the monitor and follow the directions that are displayed on the screen.
Coming into the United States of America
By utilizing the Global Entry kiosks for entry at selected airports, all NEXUS members may enjoy the advantages of Global Entry at no extra cost. This is made possible by Global Entry’s partnership with NEXUS.
You may use either your passport, your card proving that you are a lawful permanent resident of the United States, or your NEXUS card when you utilize the Global Entry kiosks at Canada Preclearance stations.
Outside of designated Canadian Preclearance areas, you will not be able to utilize your NEXUS card at any Global Entry kiosks. At any other point of entry, you will be required to provide either your passport or your card proving that you are a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
You are required to utilize the ordinary lanes if you are entering Canada or the United States with people who are not NEXUS members.
Activate Nexus Card FAQs
- Where can I find the activation instructions for my Global Entry membership card?
Answer – Sign in to your account with the Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) so that your card may be activated. After you have logged in, go to the area labeled “Program Membership(s),” and click the “Activate Membership Card” option there. At all legal land and seaports of entry into the United States, we are able to accept Global Entry cards.